Ten little letters ~ E R O T I C O N U K
E is for
Eroticon UK and the Eroticon team who granted me a free ticket. Also E is for the lovely Eye who let me share her room for no charge. She was tremendous company and I am so happy to have her as a friend. The whole Eroticon UK Experience Exceeded my Expectations. I was surprised at how much I learned and Enjoyed the short time I was there.
R is for
Real People – and for the sake of this post, because it’s all about ten things, I will mention ten experiences – which is just a snipit – where I got to know people (not mentioned elsewhere), a little more.
The people I spoke to came across as very Real. Not trying to be anyone but their true selves. That is a very Rare thing. Normally at a conference, people are always trying to compete or pretend to be something they are not.
- I spent a lot of time with Posy. We became friends as we realised a natural ease existed between us. We have made a pact to explore each others writing more.
- Cousin Pons is such a humble individual. We had quite a few giggles on the Saturday going around the Sponsors stands. I very much enjoyed his company.
- I really enjoyed the time I spent chatting to Missy and her husband about their blogs.
- Luv bunny, who has such a good attitude, and I talked about many aspects of our lives.
- 19 Syllables is a gorgeous person. But you never doubled that did you 😉 I felt I recognised her already, almost as if we had previously met. This happens to me occasionally – I also felt it when Hannah came and introduced herself to me.
- Cara Theron was as beautiful and intelligent as I had imagined,
- ILB was very welcoming the moment I arrived.
- Molly helped me find Sub Bee who makes me smile every day on twitter. As an ambassador, she took me over to meet Kayla and John Brownstone. Fabulous company..
- The following day I fell a little in love with Tabitha – I think most people do. We bonded over our need for silence and dislike for television.
- Isabella Lauren and I had a chat about our blogs and the way forward.
O is for
Optimism regarding my blog. Before Eroticon UK I was really wondering if I should continue with my writing. It takes up much of my time and for what? Well, I had so many lovely people tell me how much they enjoyed my blog, or that something I had written touched them. Along with learning about different ways to move forward. So now I feel more Optimistic about my blogging future. Girl On The Net’s speech reiterated this. Even if we think our influence is small she hit home that our words can change the world. It was such a delight being together with like minded people. I felt liberated and free. Being able to talk about sex and how we tackle different relationship issues was a joy. People were getting to know the real me – Something that does not happen in my general life.
T is for
Things I missed because of lack of Time
It would hve been great to have attended on Sunday and listened to some of the delegates reading their own writing aloud. Molly’s photography workshop would have been a must for me. Also, I would very much have liked to have had the Time to chat more to Marie. I have followed her blog closely over the last year, since her Mum died and I have been Touched by her journey. Losing my Mum eight years ago has made me realise that grief is something that does not necessarily go away, it simply loses its edge as Time goes on.
I is for
Inspiring Ideas. The talks/workshops have very much Inspired me. So many Ideas are forming regarding topics to write about. I am having to make a list – I realise it is my choice what i write write about. It’s my blog, my words.
C is for
Creative, Confident individuals. I never used to view myself as a Creative person. The last few years have Changed that as I have got more involved with my writing and realise I Can be Creative. Meeting so many other Creative and Confident individuals was really a happy place for me to be.
O is for
Organisation. Huge thanks to Molly, Girl On The Net and Michael – it was an incredibly well Organised event and all three of them were so approachable making me feel very welcome and simply alive – many thanks for that.
Molly, who had the most incredible eyes, is simply awesome.
Girl on the Net was very supportive of everyone and even knew who I was! I attended the Meet and Greet in my Wellies and she noted I was very on brand 😉
Michael is a down to earth genuinely cool guy.
N is for
Notes – I have loads of Notes to review, more Notes and lists to make and emails to send. I feel extremely motivated to make my blog and writing the best I can.
U is for
Unique opportunity for me. I would really recommend any erotic writer or sex blogger to attend Eroticon if at all possible. You will be welcome no matter how many years you have been involved in this industry. I have come away knowing my writing means something and if I can touch just a few people with it then I am doing a good job.
K is for
Knowledgeable Speakers and Sponsors.. There were many great speakers and workshops. I only attended on Saturday and these sessions very much had an impact on me.
- Kayla’s speech regarding monetising a blog was very helpful. It won’t happen overnight, but hard work and constant output can reap rewards.
- Remittance Girl discussed Taboo. This is a very sensitive topic which she handled brilliantly, challenging us all to step out of our comfort zone and write about controversial topics in an erotic way – transgress. I have a few ideas bubbling in my head from her talk.
- Anna Sky spoke clearly and relevantly about self-editing. Some points I already use but she proposed many more that I will be trying out.
- Molly and Michael displayed and demonstrated some of their toys. It was quite an eye-opener.
Here is a list of all the Sponsors – I had a lot of fun with these in particular:
- Fetish.com – Mark chatted with me about their community and how a blogger like me could get involved with it.
- LoveGiver – I really enjoyed meeting Calandra at the meet and greet. She seemed very familiar to me and I was happy to sign up to her and Tims project. A sex-positive community all in one place. What could be better?
- Crescendo/Mystery Vibe – I can’t tell you how good this toy felt in my hand as I bent it this way and that. Kelly took me through all the speeds and explained the app to me. This is one sex toy I would love to try.
- Hot Octopus – A very nice man in a kilt demonstrated to Cousin Pons and me various wonderful toys from their table – yes regular reader, I know you understand how good that was for me as I have a kilt fetish!
- Bijoux Indiscrets – Their stand looked amazingly hot. I adore the look of their Maze products.
- Rocks off with Ruby Glow – Of course, Tabitha designed the Ruby Glow and it was great talking to her about its story.
- ElectraStim – I was very intrigued by this product and would love to try it out with my man. They gave me a fabulous demonstration and I could see how this product could get even better as technology moves forward.
So what has this got to do with this weeks Wicked Wednesday Prompt Sad – Well I loved it at the Eroticon UK conference and was a little sad to leave…