I was thrilled to get nearly 60 posts linked for the Book Matters month. Thank you to everyone who entered with their suggestions.
All the book recommendations made were thoroughly interesting. I have made a note of so many I personally want to read.
For this summary post I decided to look at all the book matters suggestions and feature those that were highly recommended, appeared in more than one post or just attracted my eye.
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- Tipping the Velvet by Sarah Waters
- The Virgin and the Gypsy by DH Lawrence
- Girl Meets Boy by Ali Smith
- Endless Love by Scott Spencer.
- Bold as Love quintet by Gwyneth Jones.
- The Erection Set by Mickey Spillane
- The Time Traveler’s’ Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
- Hadrian the Seventh by Frederick Rolfe, Baron Corvo
- We Were the Mulvaneys by Joyce Carol Oates
- Earth Children by Jean M. Auel
- Sweetpea by C J Skuse
- Dracula by Bram Stoker
- All Souls Trilogy, Deborah Harkness.
- Attachments by Judith Rossne
- Failing Desire by Karmen MacKendrick
- Lucky Child by Thomas Buergenthal
- Bloodlands: Europe Between Hitler and Stalin by Timothy Snyder
- The Undiscovered Self by Carl Jung
- On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King
- Every Living Thing by James Herriot
- The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat’ by Oliver Sacks
- The Ethical Slut by Janet Hardy and Dossie Easton
- A Pin to See the Peepshow by F Tennyson Jesse.
- SATURDAY AT M.I.9 by Airey Neeve
- Gender Trouble by Judith Butler’s
- Vitamin C, the Common Cold and the Flu by Linus Pauling
- Love You Forever by Robert Munsch
- Matilda by Roald Dahl.
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle.
- Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Earle
- The Brothers Lionheart by Astrid Lindgren
- The Ship That Flew by Hilda Lewis
Poetry or Poets
- Emily Dickinson
- The Man with Night Sweats by Thom Gunn
- Charles Baudelair
- When you are old by WB Yeats
- There and Never Ever Back Again : A Dark Lord’s Diary (A Memoir and Manifesto for Villains and Monsters) by Jeff Mach
- Clarice Fetish Escort by Francesca Demont
Hard to get hold of
- Eros Magazine
- The Tale of Willy’s Rats by Mick Farren
- Odd Nansen Diaries
Alexander McCall-Smith’s books
Particular posts I would like to recommend
- This post by Steve from FridayAm has brilliant, must read, suggestions from every category.
- If you are after inspiring poetry from non-english writers Devie has some great suggestions for you.
- Check out Collared Michael if you are thinking of children’s book recommendations.
- I was ultra impressed with these non-fiction choices from a Mental Switch. I think you will be too.
- Lipgloss McGinn gets down and dirty with their fiction choices here.
- This is an unbelievably comprehensive list of LGBTQ literature from MlSlave. Plus, thank you ML for use of the header image.
- Modesty shares some of her own online books in this post.
Here are this months recommended shares within the community…