Last year I began hosting a project called Life Matters.
This is an ad-hoc meme covering various life topics. So far I have covered food, books and personal growth. Now, in these strange times, when many have lost their jobs the meme will look at money.
Money is the 4th subject of the Life Matters meme.
Please Check the Life Matters page for further information regarding the project.
It was actually an email conversation with Mrs Fever that inspired the prompt.
Financial health is a thing, and a lot of people have unhealthy habits around finances.
I think women, especially, don’t talk honestly and openly enough with each other about money and that leads to a lot of assumed understandings of ‘reality’ that begin when we are very young — like, the person with the fancy house and designer car is more likely to be in debt up to their eyeballs, than “rich,” for example. But that’s not how it’s interpreted.
We grow up these days with very little understanding of how money works. How to save it, how to invest it, how to make it, how to manage it, how to have healthy attitudes about it…Mrs Fever
I am in total agreement with Feve and want to know what your think. It is my opinion money and all aspects, including where it comes from, should be taught in schools.
Money Matters ~ runs 21st January until 17th February 2021
Money Matters will be broken into four parts.
Every part will last a week.
I am really hoping bloggers will enter their relevant posts, old and new, to create a resource for others.
Money Matters Weekly prompts.
Each will start on Thursday and end on Wednesday – link to each topic here as it opens –
- Education ~ Where does money come from? What would you teach others about money? 21st to 27th Jan.
- Debt ~ All aspects of. Have you been in debt? How did that happen? 28th Jan to 3rd Feb.
- Practical Budgeting ~ Living within your means. 4th to 10th Feb.
- Catch up ~ views/experiences of gambling or catch up on any of the above or talk about money in general. 11th to 17th Feb.
- Older posts welcome.
- You can link up more than once for any of the weekly prompts.
- Include a badge in your post and link back to this page.
- If you don’t have a blog I can host your post!
Copy the badge below and paste into your post. Please add a url to your badge linking back to the money matters page so readers can find all the posts in one place.
If you are unsure how to add a badge or link up read this easy to follow post.