As some of you know, me and a few other writer friends have now put a lot of our stories on Medium. Here is a little summary of those of mine that are doing well.
In my opinion, many genres of fiction on Medium deserve more recognition and reads. However, one genre in particular that does get a large amount of hits is Erotica.
I write fiction in many styles which include erotic stories, and often the tales of mine that get a goodly amount of interest are the ones I tag Erotica… But not always.
So, here we go with eleven of my
- Top-performing fiction past and present
- Faves that have been further distributed by Medium
- My personal favourites
- Dark fiction of mine
If you wonder where I got the idea for this post from, then don’t forget to check the end credits.
Highly viewed/read from the past 6 months
- Squealed: My top story — based on statistics — is Squealed. A micro fiction (under 1000 words) tale that I published back in May of this year, but the numbers went a little crazy in August. So far it has had approx 6,500 views and earned nearly $400 gross. (No other story of mine comes anywhere close to this money wise). It’s a simple relationship story involving jealousy and spells. Published on my publication, Tantalizing Tales, and not tagged Erotica! NB added after publication: Squealed is not my best story by any means — I believe any story can take off on Medium if it is put under the right tags and with a little luck on your side.
- Summerhouse Surprise: My second most viewed is erotica and comes in at a little over 4,000 views and a lot less cash than the one above — just over $35. However, it has a 70% read ratio, which is pretty high — but not as high as a historical fiction piece of mine, which has 100%! Summerhouse surprise was my first story on My Erotica about a wife catching her husband, in the middle of the night, with the neighbour in the summerhouse.
Highly viewed/read from the last month
- Spelling Beautiful: My most popular over the last month is Spelling Beautiful. A twisted little fiction tale published a few weeks ago on Tantalizing Tales, about a woman who catches her boyfriend cheating and decides the only way to get him back is to be beautiful. When I checked today, it had a little over 1,200 views and is still receiving quite a bit of attention daily.
- A One-Night Stand to Remember: This erotic tale was published a little over a week ago on My Erotica and has nearly 1000 views as of now. It is not very complex 🙂 and involves a very kinky holiday one-night stand.
My personal favourite fiction tales ‘curated’ by medium
Medium have it in their rules that they don’t curate erotica. Which puts some of my fiction out in the distribution cold.
- Catch the Catcher: If you only have time to read one story of mine, then please read this. It went out on PS I Love You back in March, and I was so happy I had found a home for it on such a brilliant publication. I wrote the first draft of Catch the Catcher in about thirty minutes, and in my eyes it is the best short story I’ve ever written. I won’t give any spoilers.
- Is there a Monster Under my Bed?: This Story is less than a month old and published on Microcosm. It was written to a prompt and was my first-ever horror, so I was very happy when it was distributed by Medium. It is a basic plot of, What’s Under the Bed — but with a twist!
- Careless Talk: My latest fiction story. I published this for Remembrance Day on Tantalizing Tales. It is a WW2 tale that was heavily researched. I was thrilled to see it was distributed — not that this means extra views, because it doesn’t. But because there are three sex scenes in the story, and in my eyes all were relevant to the telling of the tale. What do you think?
Two favourites of mine
- Off to Work I Go: has not really received much attention. I wrote it for the MWC even though I didn’t think they allowed fiction, and published on Write Under the Moon. The idea came to me and I couldn’t resist turning it into a story. It’s a satirical tale about Snowy White and a vocal harmony group of seven girls. Give it a whirl…
- Always Leave them Smiling: I defy you not to like something about this story. Even if it is just the image I have chosen. This is a serious tale about relationships and bigamy but with a lot of humour thrown in. And the lead character is a cheeky anti-hero. Published on Tantalizing Tales in July and comes in at almost 1,000 views.
Dark Fiction Tales
In the past I have written quite a few dark fiction tales.
I think it is important to raise awareness of difficult real life issues such as violence or abuse.
Some people only seem to grasp what others have been through if they read a story about it. Here are a couple I have on Medium.
- Twisting the Pain Away: This is about a dysfunctional family where one of the children takes revenge. On Redemption Magazine.
Fear is all Around — This dark tale is not for the faint-hearted. Domestic abuse and more. Just published on The Redemption Magazine, where I’ve recently become editor.
If you want to take a look at all my articles/stories curated by Medium check out this list