2021 has been an odd year for so many people. Add on the knocks you would have received anyhow and those that came courtesy of the new world we are having to live in, and, I expect most of us will want to cheer off 2021 in the hope 2022 will be better.
I will admit that this year I have felt differently about many things. The restrictions plus what happened within the blogging community in 2020 have had a knock on effect and I suppose basically left me in a position where I didn’t actually feel totally safe sharing what I wanted to, on my blog. I began to censor what I was posting. This is the reason I have simply loved my time on the Medium platform.
I know many people don’t understand the fascination with Medium. I was like that too. But it soon became a place where I felt safe writing what I wanted to write. Without censoring my feelings or the content within my fiction. It feels like a community, within walls. It has enabled me to regain my community confidence, which hopefully will see me back to sharing more on my blog in 2022. Although, I am a believer that nothing stays the same, and it’s important to evolve. But my blog can help me do that. My space…
Blogable is also evolving. Which I am excited about too.
It’s My Party
New Year’s Eve is seen as party time for so many. Imagine I was having a blogger/writer party, I would certainly want to invite many of those I’ve already met or work with online.
- These five people – friends/colleagues – would be at the very top of the list. I’ve met two of them and I would LOVE to meet the remaining three.
- Other bloggers I have already spent a little time with, Eye, Cousin Pons, Missy, HL and Eve, would be there as well. However, there would be a few I’ve met who wouldn’t get past the bouncer 🙂
- If you are a guy who wears panties – consider your invite in the post.
But then, counting the cards, I see I’ve only 12 invitations left to go to writers I admire and would love to meet… Here’s who’d they’d be sent to.
- Jor Adams – A wonderfully creative and special person.
- Modesty Ablaze – I have total admiration for this woman.
- Barefoot – I think she has a pure soul and is a terrific writer.
- Snake and Charmer – What a couple. They could dance at my party!
- Mrs Fever – A unique writer and generous person.
- Marsha Adams – A intricate person and top-notch writer.
- Nero Black – A party would not be a party without him!
- Kinky Katie – An instinctive writer who I think I would get on with.
- Francesca Demont – A fantastic, gorgeous and intelligent human.
- Mila – She will always have a special place in my heart.
- Brigit Delaney – Kind of fascinates me, and what an amazing fiction writer.
- David Mei – I think I’d really enjoy a conversation with David.
Thank you to all who have supported my blog or me over the last few years. It is always appreciated… Where ever you are in the world and what ever you are doing, I wish you a happy new year…
I also have a blog roll of sorts here…
NB: this post was really meant to be ready last week for Marie’s 500th prompt, but it works well enough for this one too…