I always find September quite a sad month. The end of summer as the colours change. And I start to long for spring again. But it is wrong to wish away this life! So a little reminder to myself to try and live in the moment now and then…
My September 2019 Blogging Summary
Some of the writing on my blog
- My most popular recent non-fiction post this month was a true tale about me and my man. Spank me Red. Some sexy images here too.
- The most viewed fiction was a flash inspired by a Masturbation Monday image prompt. Marie shared the story too.
- In my opinion my best personal post was all about taking back my sex. I raised some important issues in the article and as usual ended on a positive note. It landed in the Wicked Wednesday top three and Jupiter shared it too.
- I wrote a short, gritty piece of flash fiction that even made me squirm.
Some of the Images on my Blog
Here is my favorite image from this month. It was shared A LOT. And got the highest views from all my photos over September.
And this naked image was chosen by Molly for the sinful Sunday prompt week at the beginning of the month. I was thrilled about the achievement as I took the photo myself.
Work for Others
- I was more than happy with the sponsored post written by Hustler Hollywood. All about anal sex and how to do it right.
- I wrote a sex toy review for Scarlet Rooms and incorporated the toy in some sexy fun with my man. It is proving a very popular read.
September Sharing SoSS
As I mentioned the September 2019 project got a lot of us thinking about music. So with that theme in mind I am going to split my post into singles and LPs. Read on and you will see what I mean 😉
Multiples or LPs SoSS
Sharing more than one thing from –
Jupiter kindly let me have a copy of her book of poems. It is only recently I have managed to get around to read it. And I am glad I did. It is full of variety. Some sexy, some amusing. And a few are quite hard hitting but all worth reading. And if you like hot erotica you really must take a look at her lair.
Sharing a single post from these writers –
Cara Joined in with Food for Thought with an extremely clever and powerful piece of dark fairy-tale fiction.
Jerusalem Mortimer wrote such a readable true tale about when he was a young man. It is a very sexy read too.
Toys for Sir has written a post about the sharp edge of emotional pain. It is a compelling and charged read. Well written too. I could almost feel the dagger myself.
- Melody and I had our usual meeting – over a few wines and olives (if only) – regarding the previous months SB4MH posts. We both agreed Sweets post, which covers issues and advice in regards to depression, stood out. Melody says ~
Some absolutely great advice and observations in this post. If you haven’t been a sufferer it’s so easy to overlook how to support someone who is and the support of someone who cares and understands is often crucial. Having more recently suffered from anxiety and depression I’ve had an eye-opener about the ‘other side’ that’s also helped me better understand what my friends who have suffered long term need from me. The advice for supporting children with mental health issues is both brilliant and poignant given sweetgirls first hand experience.
Having chosen the Me Too prompt for Food for Thought a few weeks ago I had to find an appropriate header shot. I chose this image from of The Other Me.
It just goes to show how everything is subjective as I truly thought it worked for the Me Too Topic. I felt it said women had been in the background for too long. Hidden. Whereas men, depicted by the tie, were bold and upfront. The Me Too movement have helped women come out of the shadows by sharing their sexual harassment/assault experiences, but the whole thing is work in progress.
But I took it down as someone on Twitter said they felt it was not right for the prompt. And even though I was happy with my choice I knew it was slightly controversial so was happy to go with the public. After all the meme is not my own personal space – but this blog is…
And here are a couple of other fabulous black and white images that caught my eye during September 2019.
- Master Musings image is so eye catching. And I love the position of his hands.
- Dream Catcher on Elliott Henry’s blog – constantly shares stunning images. This one is my favourite to date.
OK – that’s it for this month. Happy October to you all 😉